I read literally dozens of articles each week on how to
write better online. Though most of them are worded differently, they all
pretty much say the same thing. The problem that I have with some of these
articles is that they seem to be writing to a more experienced audience and a
lot of what I read I don’t really understand. In my mind, I can’t help thinking
that I am not the only person out here who is constantly having to jump these
hurdles. The internet is flooded with writers that are new to writing digitally
and not everyone has a degree in journalism. I am writing and sharing insights
for anyone to understand. I know that at times it can be offensive to learn in
a 5th grade fashion but honestly, 5th grade was about 35
years ago for me and I don’t necessarily remember everything from English
class. A quick refresher is often necessary.
As much as I appreciate a link to an outside source, I hate
having to leave the page that I am reading and then having to come back and
find where I left off before I can continue reading. Just take a minute to explain to me what you mean or
choose another way of presenting it.
For Example:
I know that we have all seen our share of adoxography on
social media sites……blah, blah, blah.
From here, the writer would continue with the paragraph
and leave the reader with an option; click the link, read the definition, come
back to the page, reread the sentence and then continue on.
This is one of the many reasons that I decided to start this
blog. I feel that I am someone who spends enough time online reading,
comparing, researching and then testing so many methodologies that I am more
than qualified to share them with you. I plan to “Dumb it down” a bit for my
readers in hopes of making things a little more understandable and useful.
There will be times that I write about things you aren’t
familiar with and there will be times that I get frustrated with some of my
reads and decide to put things in my own words. Regardless, I hope that the
method I am approaching you with is one that you will appreciate and benefit
from. I welcome all feedback with open arms. If you want to thank me then thank
you! If you choose to tell me what a waste of your life I am then I welcome
that too! I will not get into a pissing contest with anyone but will attempt to
answer any and all questions posted in the comments sections.
Additionally, if you like what you’re reading you can enter
your email address in the field at the top of the page and receive all new
posts directly in your mailbox. All new posts can be found in the
“Pages” area to the right of this blog. Additionally, if you follow me you will receive notifications of new adds there as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment